Over the last year, our homes have become more than just homes. They’ve become our work offices, our children’s classrooms, and everything in between. Our homes are literally where we eat, sleep, work, learn, and live. That means you want your home to be as comfortable as possible for you and your family – especially during the hotter summer months!
It’s why upgrading or installing a new A/C unit should be high on your priority list. And, at Sensible, we offer different options to meet your home needs. Not sure which cooling option is best for your home? We can help with that.
How to Choose the Best Cooling Option for Your Home
- It’s like having someone on speed dial. They’re ready to cool when you need them.
- If humidity levels are high, say during a thunderstorm, an A/C unit is most effective.
- They dry the air out inside your home.
- A/C units control Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) effectively. When used with the right IAQ products, A/C units can help control temperature, air filtration, and eliminate smoke.
- New A/C units are very quiet and energy-efficient compared to older models.
- A/C unit coils need to be cleaned and maintained annually to maximize efficiency.
- Xcel Energy rebates are available for A/C units.
Geothermal Heat Pumps
- They give you a consistent temperature in your home all year long.
- They provide both heating and cooling from a single unit at a fraction of a traditional system’s cost. Geothermal helps you save on your energy bills.
- If you want to reduce your carbon footprint by going green, geothermal can help.
- The federal tax credit for geothermal heat pump installations will stay at 26% through December 31, 2022. In 2023, the tax credits will be reduced to 22%.
- They need to be filled with water in the spring and drained in the fall to prevent their water line from freezing.
- They use less electricity than a typical A/C unit but evaporate water while cooling.
- These coolers add humidity to your indoor air.
- Coolers bring air in from the outside, which allows smoke/pollution to enter a home.
- They can bring in cool air without using a compressor or evaporating water.
- Rooftop evaporative coolers can cause roof leaks if not installed properly, and cooler rooftop installations are not allowed in neighborhoods with HOA restrictions.
- Coolers require pad replacement every 2-5 years, depending on the style of cooler.
- If you need a new cooler installed, the price would be similar to a new A/C unit.
- Xcel Energy rebates are available for evaporative coolers.
Our skilled HVAC technicians* can install the cooling option that best fits your specific needs. Because your home should be a place where you can eat, sleep, work, learn, and live in comfort and in cool temperatures all summer long.
*We are actively monitoring COVID-19 guidance published by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. When our installers and technicians conduct home visits, they will be outfitted with disposable shoe-covers, face masks, and urged to use hand sanitizer frequently.
About Sensible Heating & Cooling
For us, Sensible is a way of life. Our form is function, and we want to equip you with the right information so you feel empowered to make the right decisions for your home. If you want to work with a premier heating and cooling company that you can trust, you want Sensible.
To learn more about our services and to take our virtual estimate survey, contact us today.
We have integrity. We build trust. We give you comfort.