It’s sad to say, but summer will soon be coming to an end. And that means it’s time for fall, football, and furnace repairs and replacements.
Since it can snow as early as September, you want to make sure your furnace is ready to kick on and heat up your home. Not only do you want to schedule your heating system maintenance as soon as September rolls around, but you want to check to see if your furnace needs replacing as well.
We recommend that if your furnace does need replacing, you replace it sooner rather than later to avoid any supply chain issues. Since the demand for HVAC systems typically increases over the summer, there can be delays in shipments the longer you wait to get a new system. So if you’ve had your furnace going on 20 years now, it may be time to consider an update, as the average lifespan of a furnace is 15-20 years.
And if you’re looking to take better care of the furnace that you currently have (or a new system that you do get), here are some tips to ensure operational efficiency and longevity:
- Adopt an annual maintenance routine that can extend the life of your furnace by at least a few years.
- Clean the ducts every few years to prevent dirt, dust, and even pet hair build-up.
- Reduce clutter around your furnace as it’s both unsafe and forces your furnace to work even harder.
- Install a programmable thermostat that can help you save on energy-related costs.
- Have a Sensible HVAC technician come out for a “well-furnace” visit which includes:
- Cleaning your furnace to restore it to factory-fresh conditions.
- Inspecting all system components (electrical, gas, thermostat).
- Performing a safety inspection of the furnace, flue, venting, and draft assembly.
- Performing a camera inspection of the heat exchanger.
- Cleaning and checking the blower and flame sensor rod.
Our Sensible team is licensed to complete furnace certifications and check-ups in the Denver Metro Area and Boulder, and we’re happy to answer any specific questions you have about the process. So if you think your furnace has just about reached the end of its lifespan, we can assist you in selecting a viable replacement for all of your home needs.
About Sensible Heating & Cooling
For us, Sensible is a way of life. Our form is function, and we want to equip you with the right information, so you feel empowered to make the right decisions for your home. If you want to work with a premier heating and cooling company that you can trust, you want Sensible.
To learn more about our services and to take our virtual estimate survey, contact us today.
We have integrity. We build trust. We give you comfort.