As we face our first real cold snap of the winter, many of us are starting to feel nervous about the impending rise in heating bills. If you are worried, we have some tips for you to help keep those bills lower while still keeping comfortable this winter.
· Turn down your thermostat, or invest in a programmable thermostat. You can keep your home temp lower during the day when no one is home, and program it to kick in an hour before everyone returns. This will keep your home comfortable, but also help keep your bills low.
· Keeping your fireplace damper closed will keep warm air in the home, and lessen the amount that the heating system has to run.
· Lowering the temperature of your water heater to 115-120 degrees will help lower your bill, but won’t create a noticeable temperature difference to your family.
· Use curtains! Seems very simple, but opening south-facing curtains during the day will help keep your home warmer naturally, especially with all of our sunny Colorado days.
· Keep your furnace in shape! Investing in a maintenance with Sensible Heating & Cooling will help save you throughout the winter, and also hopefully save you on costly and unexpected repairs at the worst times.
For more tips, please visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/SensibleHeat or our website at www.sensibleheat.net. Always call us at 720-876-7166 for more tips or to schedule a maintenance early this fall and save all winter. Stay safe and warm this winter!