Word about Geothermal has certainly been circulating lately. A lot of people are hearing about it in the context of new home construction and aren’t sure if it is something that they could switch to with their existing home. It can certainly be confusing trying to understand if you are a good fit for a Geothermal switch. So, here are a few questions to help you determine whether or not you would be able to retrofit your home with Geothermal.
- Are you gutting your house for a remodel? If so, then Geothermal is as simple as any HVAC installation, and exploring the possibility is a good idea to help you reduce your energy bills significantly once your home is complete.
- Do you have forced air heating with ductwork? If you currently have a forced air system with a gas, oil or electric furnace, then typically the ductwork needs to be upgraded for a geothermal system, unless it is an older house with bigger ductwork. Sensible Heating & Cooling could perform a free estimate to determine if this is the case.
- Do you have hot water (hydronic) heating with baseboards, radiators or radiant floors? If you do, then a retrofit to a geo system is much easier, and makes a lot of sense to help you save on energy costs. Geothermal systems are by far the most efficient systems available, and you will see significant savings immediately.
- Do you offer retrofit services? Yes! Sensible Heating & Cooling offers not only geothermal installations on new construction but we also offer retrofit services as well. We typically recommend an appointment with our experienced team at your home to determine what is possible on your property.
- What if I am not a good fit for geothermal in my home? Another alternative energy option that many people don’t know about is heat pumps. They offer many of the same benefits of a geothermal system but they are easier to install and require less of an up-front investment.
If you are unsure whether your home would be a good fit for geothermal, just give us a call to schedule your free estimate! Call us today at 720-876-7166 or email owner Dan Schmied directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your estimate today!